One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of science that deals with the nature, effects, and interactions of substances that are harmful to the environment.
- ‘Recent efforts in ecotoxicology have focused on linking effects of contaminants on individuals with population-level consequences.’
- ‘Modern ecotoxicology must embrace our growing understanding of the complexity and variation associated with the biology of organisms, from genomic to ecosystem levels of organization.’
- ‘This technique has been applied in genotoxicity studies, in ecotoxicology, in biomonitoring and in clinical radiobiology.’
- ‘Sparling is an authority on amphibian ecotoxicology.’
- ‘These reproductive end-points can be studied in parallel to determine contaminant effects on the reproductive success of the organism, one of the key objectives of ecotoxicology.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.