One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Violence carried out to further environmentalist ends.
- ‘The FBI considers ecoterrorism and animal terrorism the country's leading domestic terror threats.’
- ‘The bill would make ecoterrorism and animal rights terrorism punishable by up to 10 years in jail.’
- ‘He said the legislation which he introduced last week is necessary because fear of ecoterrorism is palpable in the research community.’
- ‘In his gripping and entertaining investigation, the journalist turns Vail inside out to get the real story behind the costliest act of ecoterrorism in U.S. history.’
- ‘Compared to such violent acts, is ecoterrorism really terrorism?’
- ‘The bill also increases the possible penalties for ecoterrorism, with those convicted of first degree felonies facing a prison term of up to 40 years and a fine of up to $100,000.’
- ‘In Maryland, more than 100 FBI investigators are searching for clues in a suspected case of ecoterrorism.’
- ‘Yet, as we will hear, ecoterrorism only encourages fear and anger.’
- ‘On March 22, 2002, the Center for Consumer Freedom sent a long letter to the House subcommittee investigating ecoterrorism.’
- ‘The FBI is telling 10 cities to be on alert for possibly ecoterrorism today.’
- ‘Last January, the FBI held a symposium in California on ecoterrorism.’
- ‘I am stating that there is no difference between ecoterrorism and animal rights terrorism.’
- ‘Claims of ecoterrorism have reared their ugly head again in Tasmania.’
- ‘A quick Google search of ‘Sierra Club ecoterrorism’ produces plenty of pages showing the Sierra Club's consistent denunciation of ecoterrorism.’
- ‘Immediately, the label of ecoterrorism appeared in news stories describing the actions of the Earth Liberation Front.’
- ‘Having spent the past decade fighting ecoterrorism, Barry's fight for justice is widening.’
- 1.1 The action of causing deliberate environmental damage in order to further political ends.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.