Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The study of the interrelationship between the normal physical function of an organism and its environment.
- ‘Studying the ecophysiology of epiphytes almost exclusively at this level has severe shortcomings, because the reaction of an organ is certainly only a partial measure of the consequences of stress on entire individuals.’
- ‘In the light of these findings, the results of many earlier studies on epiphyte ecophysiology are now difficult to interpret because essential information on the size of the specimens used is missing.’
- ‘However, much less is known of the ecophysiology and structure/function relationships of these cellular ingrowths, except that their presence correlates with vessel embolism.’
- ‘For the above reasons, measurements of gas exchange, using infrared gas analysers, remain at the heart of studies in plant ecophysiology.’
- ‘Here we combine phylogenetic reconstruction with new data on the morphology and ecophysiology of these plants to infer early angiosperm function.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.