One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hypothetical person who behaves in exact accordance with their rational self-interest.‘economic man measures costs against benefits’
- ‘A capitalist economy will not function properly unless all the participants act as economic men, making rational, selfish decisions.’
- ‘The myth of 'economic man' is exposed - the low-paid are too poor to shop around for jobs.’
- ‘The invisible hand assumed a "rational economic man," a greedy human.’
- ‘Today, homo economicus (or economic man) is the most widely used human behavior model in economics.’
- ‘Neither does the economic man spend many sleepless nights worrying about what this blind pursuit of materialism does to human societies in general.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.