One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A product or service which can command a price when sold.‘water is an economic good and should be treated as such’
- ‘The classical liberals answered that the competition of businessmen will supply the markets with the economic goods needed by consumers.’
- ‘The entire sum of economic goods at an economizing individual's command we will, on the other hand, call his wealth.’
- ‘A spate of rulings by the World Trade Organization, the International Monetary Fund, and the World Bank treat water as an economic good.’
- ‘For in the economic sense it also includes purchase and sale, and all partial transfers of economic goods (tenancy, rental, lending, etc.) for compensation.’
- ‘They are treating water as an economic good, where it will be governed by market principles and put on the market to the highest bidder.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.