One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An expert in or student of ecology.‘a German ecologist studying the river habitat’
- ‘All activities are closely monitored by ecologists.’
- ‘Ecologists are concerned that the B.C. population has declined due to extensive logging of the coastal forests.’
- ‘Ecologists warn that the change will likely have a negative effect on the animals and birds that get their food from oaks and hickories.’
- ‘This course is for anyone wanting to become a professional ecologist.’
- ‘Just this summer, the park's forest ecologist discovered a 278 - year-old pignut hickory growing on a rock outcrop.’
- ‘The paper by Monsi and Saeki provided plant ecologists with several key problems.’
- ‘The ecologists found, however, that the saltiness of rural streams has increased steadily for the past thirty years.’
- ‘In conclusion, this book has much to offer avian ecologists, especially those interested in grassland ecosystems.’
- ‘The marine ecologist was also honored with an award from the Aquarium.’
- ‘And unless current trends reverse, ecologists predict the last rainforest tree will fall in the next 40 years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.