One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of tourist accommodation designed to have the least possible impact on the natural environment in which it is situated.
- ‘The Manu Biosphere is 7,700 square miles of cloud forest between Peru and Brazil - book your ecolodge for the full Amazonian jungle experience.’
- ‘In addition to these, there are a host of wildlife refuges, marine parks, biological reserves and privately established preserves and ecolodges.’
- ‘Condominia on barrier reefs, hotels on exotic beaches, private homes on earthquake fault lines, and ecolodges in volcanic zones are becoming more common.’
- ‘New trends are therefore expected besides the Damascene house conversion syndrome, which is to spread to Bosra and Al-Qunaitera in the southwest, where ecolodges will be established.’
- ‘An ecolodge only accessible by plane and boat (they'll pick you up from Cairns airport), with just 17 rooms, it's tucked in the rainforest, overlooking the dreary-sounding but wonderful - looking Weary Bay.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.