Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A philosophical and political movement that combines ecological concerns with feminist ones, regarding both as resulting from male domination of society.
- ‘Both standpoint feminism and ecofeminism lead us to conclude the opposite.’
- ‘Can ecocriticism be regrounded in ecofeminism or postcolonial studies to meet racial and ethnic inequalities?’
- ‘Political ecofeminism uses methods and approaches based on the idea that institutions like a state, which represent a convergence of different interests sharing power provide to a certain extent for the needs of the community.’
- ‘One of the most interesting papers used ecofeminism and vegetarianism to consider the treatment of animals in two novels from the United States and Mexico, both of which represented indigenous lifestyles.’
- ‘Still, this means that any college that studies/explores gender as a legitimate cultural ‘object’ of study - which most EEO institutions do - as it can legitimately study ecofeminism, all schools of it.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.