Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A philosophical and political movement that combines ecological concerns with feminist ones, regarding both as resulting from male domination of society.
- ‘Political ecofeminism uses methods and approaches based on the idea that institutions like a state, which represent a convergence of different interests sharing power provide to a certain extent for the needs of the community.’
- ‘Still, this means that any college that studies/explores gender as a legitimate cultural ‘object’ of study - which most EEO institutions do - as it can legitimately study ecofeminism, all schools of it.’
- ‘Can ecocriticism be regrounded in ecofeminism or postcolonial studies to meet racial and ethnic inequalities?’
- ‘One of the most interesting papers used ecofeminism and vegetarianism to consider the treatment of animals in two novels from the United States and Mexico, both of which represented indigenous lifestyles.’
- ‘Both standpoint feminism and ecofeminism lead us to conclude the opposite.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.