One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tourist resort whose facilities are intended to have a minimal impact on the local environment.
- ‘The eco-resort lies in the Quirimbas National Park, a maritime and wildlife conservation area run as a collaborative project between the World Wildlife Fund and the Mozambican government.’
- ‘The company building it already has a much-praised Andaman Islands eco-resort on a beach described by one magazine as the best in Asia.’
- ‘For that generation, it's entirely possible to arrive at, say, a Costa Rican eco-resort and think, Well, it's nice, but it's no Tiki Room.’
- ‘Brando had been dead less than a year when the executors of his estate revealed that a deal had been made to develop the island as an "eco-resort".’
- ‘Friendly Tobago is the perfect place to sample a stylish, authentic eco-resort that encourages you to meet your neighbours.’
- ‘Karmi Farm is a quaint little eco-resort situated amidst an agricultural area in the north-west Darjeeling town.’
- ‘The trio of beauties have all signed up for ITV's latest reality show and are about to start to spend five weeks filming at a Fijian eco-resort.’
- ‘It's impossible to see all of South Africa in one trip, but the eco-resort in KwaZulu-Natal Province is a good place to start.’
- ‘Today, it's the location of an eco-resort with 100 "tent" cottages (aluminum frameworks with laminated acrylic skins) that sit right above—or even right over—some of the bluest water in the world.’
- ‘You can roam around the paths of the island, which is actually an eco-resort, and wander past natural bird habitat areas.’
- ‘"It's deliberately rough and ready and flexible," says Harper, who is currently working on a range of projects from public buildings in Qatar to an eco-resort in the Caribbean and a home in the hills of Mallorca.’
- ‘One of them will be a unique eco-resort with villas and facilities for health and wellness such as spa, yoga, and meditation.’
- ‘Spa veterans will marvel at the array of unusual treatments available at the newly opened eco-resort.’
- ‘She roused a wedding party of 30 and whisked them out of her jungle eco-resort.’
- ‘He was holidaying with the girls at an eco-resort he owns in the Central American nation.’
- ‘The resort's rugged and off-the-beaten-path locale, mingled with an authentic glow of luxury, offers a unique balance that gives rise to a true eco-resort.’
- ‘A beachfront hotel tower built of imported materials with absentee owners and no local employees is not an eco-resort, even if it does offer its guests the option of not washing their towels.’
- ‘He refused to give details about the projects, only indicating that the eco-resort would come up near Mumbai.’
- ‘In 1980, it began its transformation into an exclusive eco-resort, with room for 28 guests, 160 staff, and an approximate beach-to-visitor ratio of one to two.’
- ‘The government tried to buld an eco-resort for divers that would be powered by solar panels and wind power.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.