Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A tourist resort whose facilities are intended to have a minimal impact on the local environment.
- ‘He refused to give details about the projects, only indicating that the eco-resort would come up near Mumbai.’
- ‘You can roam around the paths of the island, which is actually an eco-resort, and wander past natural bird habitat areas.’
- ‘Today, it's the location of an eco-resort with 100 "tent" cottages (aluminum frameworks with laminated acrylic skins) that sit right above—or even right over—some of the bluest water in the world.’
- ‘He was holidaying with the girls at an eco-resort he owns in the Central American nation.’
- ‘One of them will be a unique eco-resort with villas and facilities for health and wellness such as spa, yoga, and meditation.’
- ‘The company building it already has a much-praised Andaman Islands eco-resort on a beach described by one magazine as the best in Asia.’
- ‘Spa veterans will marvel at the array of unusual treatments available at the newly opened eco-resort.’
- ‘It's impossible to see all of South Africa in one trip, but the eco-resort in KwaZulu-Natal Province is a good place to start.’
- ‘A beachfront hotel tower built of imported materials with absentee owners and no local employees is not an eco-resort, even if it does offer its guests the option of not washing their towels.’
- ‘She roused a wedding party of 30 and whisked them out of her jungle eco-resort.’
- ‘In 1980, it began its transformation into an exclusive eco-resort, with room for 28 guests, 160 staff, and an approximate beach-to-visitor ratio of one to two.’
- ‘The trio of beauties have all signed up for ITV's latest reality show and are about to start to spend five weeks filming at a Fijian eco-resort.’
- ‘The government tried to buld an eco-resort for divers that would be powered by solar panels and wind power.’
- ‘The eco-resort lies in the Quirimbas National Park, a maritime and wildlife conservation area run as a collaborative project between the World Wildlife Fund and the Mozambican government.’
- ‘Friendly Tobago is the perfect place to sample a stylish, authentic eco-resort that encourages you to meet your neighbours.’
- ‘The resort's rugged and off-the-beaten-path locale, mingled with an authentic glow of luxury, offers a unique balance that gives rise to a true eco-resort.’
- ‘Karmi Farm is a quaint little eco-resort situated amidst an agricultural area in the north-west Darjeeling town.’
- ‘Brando had been dead less than a year when the executors of his estate revealed that a deal had been made to develop the island as an "eco-resort".’
- ‘"It's deliberately rough and ready and flexible," says Harper, who is currently working on a range of projects from public buildings in Qatar to an eco-resort in the Caribbean and a home in the hills of Mallorca.’
- ‘For that generation, it's entirely possible to arrive at, say, a Costa Rican eco-resort and think, Well, it's nice, but it's no Tiki Room.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.