One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The practice of marking products with a distinctive label to show that their manufacture conforms to recognized environmental standards.
- ‘Another method of raising environmental standards is through eco-labelling.’
- ‘Planned developments in Integrated Production Policy will mean that tools such as eco-labelling and environmental management systems will be driving forces for companies in every sector of the economy.’
- ‘The rapid spread in eco-labeling of forest products likely will force logging firms to change to sustainable harvesting or be driven out of business.’
- ‘There will also be discussion on eco-labelling, which may be illegal under current trade rules.’
- ‘A negative impact from eco-labeling conforms with other evidence that a strong pro-environmental stance did not benefit candidates in the 1996 and 1998 elections.’
- ‘European eco-labelling has enjoyed a very uneven history; and ‘fair-trade’ products have grown in number but remain limited to a small range of products (bananas, tea, coffee, chocolate).’
- ‘These accession states also could be a good testing ground for new policy instruments such as voluntary agreements for eco-labeling and market mechanisms such as emissions trading and energy taxes.’
- ‘‘International pressure, in terms of eco-labeling or forest product certification, will be ineffective, unless we first show our own commitment to complying with the law and taking harsher action against illegal loggers,’ he said.’
- ‘But it is still hoping for agreement on eco-labelling so that consumers can be informed about the environmental impact of the products they buy - but it is finding opposition from other countries.’
- ‘Generally, eco-labeling is beneficial, and env-PAC support increases a candidate's chance of winning an election, thereby heightening environmental support within the Senate.’
- ‘There are some aspects of the trade and environment debate, such as the precautionary principle and eco-labelling, that give us cause for deep anxiety.’
- ‘Countries including Korea, the United States and China are claiming that eco-labelling damages their competitiveness and acts as a barrier to trade.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.