Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not harmful to the environment.‘I use only eco-friendly products’
- ‘They will speak about the need to become more eco-friendly.’
- ‘The advent of plastic saw this natural and eco-friendly product being forced out of homes, leaving the craftsmen in the lurch.’
- ‘Alternative, eco-friendly recipes for cleaning and beauty products are also offered.’
- ‘These icings are a perfect way to top off your organic desserts or turn your black forest cake into a truly eco-friendly treat.’
- ‘Silk can also be made in a non-violent, eco-friendly and sustainable way.’
- ‘The group has developed eco-friendly homes with light steel frames, made from recycled British steel.’
- ‘Instead, the stress should be on eco-friendly and economical techniques of pest-control and crop management.’
- ‘Now my overall cleaning costs are so low I don't worry about splurging on the eco-friendly dish detergent.’
- ‘Veggie car owners agree that biodiesel is another renewable fuel source, but say it isn't as cost effective or eco-friendly.’
- ‘Reduced taxation for eco-friendly products or services can be applied to give market incentives to companies and customers.’
- ‘It is considered a more eco-friendly method of cultivation and its high yields can help the community overcome food insecurity.’
- ‘Over the past decade, there's been a rise in eco-friendly bed-and-breakfasts.’
- ‘They liked our airports, our hotels and our eco-friendly sustainable Olympic village.’
- ‘The centre is also outsourcing eco-friendly products in view of the heavy demand for these from locals and tourists.’
- ‘The specialist mobile unit and its array of eco-friendly products set to work at once.’
- ‘There can be many eco-friendly designs for city development.’
- ‘The car is both eco-friendly and economical, according to him.’
- ‘Now you can even get an eco-friendly retirement account through a mainstream financial planner.’
- ‘The focus of urban planning is now on eco-friendly methods to tackle the winged marauder, the mosquito, going by what planners say.’
- ‘The thermal properties of eco-friendly glass are also different from the corresponding leaded glasses.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.