Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Clothing and other goods made from recycled materials or otherwise produced by methods that are not harmful to the environment.as modifier ‘launched to provide an alternative to chemically treated clothing, the eco-fashion business has been slow to catch on’
- ‘With major US retailers such as Banana Republic selling organic and fair trade lines, eco-fashion has made it into the mainstream.’
- ‘The availability of eco-fashion in various outlets, prices and styles signifies true growth and improves viability through convenience and appeal.’
- ‘The Los Angeles-based designer is taking eco-fashion to the next level, and is in her fourth season of creating what she calls "luxury eco."’
- ‘Eco-fashion will continue to grow alongside the trend for green products in general.’
- ‘She hopes through this work to obtain her PHD in eco-fashion.’
- ‘Not a bad endorsement of eco-fashion from one of the world's biggest stars.’
- ‘The Boca Raton, Florida, TV production company wanted to know if Richard would agree to be interviewed for a documentary on eco-fashion.’
- ‘Other ads are for local eco-fashion labels.’
- ‘Today's eco-fashion seems to have an established place in the market.’
- ‘And when you consider the percentage of eco-fashion in the industry as a whole, there is plenty more room for growth.’
- ‘Would love to have seen a celebrity who is actually passionate about eco-fashion.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.