One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The practice of driving in such a way as to minimize fuel consumption and the emission of carbon dioxide.‘all instructors and examiners have been coached in eco-driving’as modifier ‘you can save a lot of money by adopting a few simple eco-driving techniques’
- ‘As for Gordon Brown, he thinks motorists should switch to electric cars and learn eco-driving.’
- ‘Couple that with your eco-driving skills, and you could start saving for an electric car.’
- ‘"I believe eco-driving has an important role," he said.’
- ‘Needless braking and accelerating will have been eliminated by eco-driving lessons, and fleets of vehicles, stripped of excess weight, will glide along motorways at a legal and fuel-efficient 70mph’
- ‘The Energy Saving Trust has developed ecodriving tips to help reduce carbon emissions and alert people to the dangers of bad driving habits’
- ‘Already, eco-driving technology can help motorists spend less at the pumps and reduce their emissions; better information can make using public transport easier, and videoconferencing technology can help business travellers avoid some journeys altogether.’
- ‘The government has already launched schemes to train truck and van drivers to use less fuel and the Energy Saving Trust, a government agency, would like to promote eco-driving more widely.’
- ‘Other recommendations from the Commission include promoting the teaching of "eco-driving" techniques - in which motorists learn how to use their car in a fuel-efficient manner.’
- ‘Smarter driving or 'eco-driving' could save you up to £220 a year in petrol or diesel, plus help the environment.’
- ‘The growing popularity of eco-driving is fuelling a rise in a new breed of "green" driving schools around the country.’
- ‘The research found that despite the fact that nearly nine in ten people are concerned about the rising cost of fuel, 40% admit to being completely clueless when it comes to eco-driving, which can save up to 20% on fuel costs.’
- ‘The plans are part of a bid to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and 118 of its 700 trucks are also to be fitted with equipment to promote ecodriving.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.