The use of ultrasound waves to investigate the action of the heart.
- ‘Other screening methods could be simplified echocardiography, computerised heart auscultation, or new biochemical markers.’
- ‘Moreover, patients identified by simple tests as likely to have heart failure need echocardiography to confirm the diagnosis and establish its probable cause.’
- ‘If such patients have clinical auscultatory findings of MVP, echocardiography usually confirms the diagnosis.’
- ‘This phenomenon has been reported for exercise ECG, exercise echocardiography, and nuclear imaging.’
- ‘Two of the 310 children were diagnosed as having rheumatic heart disease based on auscultatory findings and echocardiography.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.