Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The use of ultrasound waves to investigate the action of the heart.
- ‘Moreover, patients identified by simple tests as likely to have heart failure need echocardiography to confirm the diagnosis and establish its probable cause.’
- ‘This phenomenon has been reported for exercise ECG, exercise echocardiography, and nuclear imaging.’
- ‘Two of the 310 children were diagnosed as having rheumatic heart disease based on auscultatory findings and echocardiography.’
- ‘Other screening methods could be simplified echocardiography, computerised heart auscultation, or new biochemical markers.’
- ‘If such patients have clinical auscultatory findings of MVP, echocardiography usually confirms the diagnosis.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.