Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A test of the action of the heart using ultrasound waves to produce a visual display, used for the diagnosis or monitoring of heart disease.
- ‘Because of its risks, angiography often is done only after certain other heart tests have been performed, such as an electrocardiogram, an echocardiogram or a stress test.’
- ‘He had had a coronary angiogram and many echocardiograms and electrocardiograms at various cardiac centres.’
- ‘If a physician suspects hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, an echocardiogram confirms the diagnosis.’
- ‘You'll need several pre-surgery tests, often including chest X-rays, blood tests, an electrocardiogram and an echocardiogram.’
- ‘Your child's cardiologist may use tools like X-rays, electrocardiograms, or echocardiograms to monitor the defect and the effects of treatment.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.