One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See echo sounder
- ‘Discouraged, he abandoned his attempts and for the rest of the nineteenth century the echo-sounding technique was forgotten.’
- ‘Such echo-sounding measurements clearly demonstrated the continuity and roughness of the submarine mountain chain in the central Atlantic (later called the Mid-Atlantic Ridge) suggested by the earlier bathymetric measurements.’
- ‘The seismic reflection technique is rather akin to echo-sounding.’
- ‘And yet echo-sounding maps of submarine topography continued to accumulate.’
- ‘They made their unusual find after echo-sounding equipment on board their ship detected the wreck, and they then explored its hold on a further dive.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.