Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A marine invertebrate of the phylum "Echinodermata", such as a starfish, sea urchin, or sea cucumber.
- ‘These taxa consist of a broad array of organisms, including foraminifers, corals, bryozoans, mollusks, echinoderms, and fish.’
- ‘Some DNA-based studies of evolution suggest that hemichordates are actually closer to echinoderms than to true chordates.’
- ‘Basically what is available in the fossil record are only hard parts-bones and teeth for vertebrates, and shells for mollusks, arthropods and echinoderms.’
- ‘Included in this clade are three very different-looking phyla - the echinoderms, hemichordates and chordates.’
- ‘The fossil content consists of ammonites, belemnites, brachiopods, echinoderms, bivalves, crinoids, gastropods, ostracodes and benthic foraminifers.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.