A striptease performer.
- ‘Consider the time I had a Swedish house guest, a woman who would later go on to become one of Key West's most popular ecdysiasts.’
- ‘Our favorite ‘intense’ (read: creepy) actor is an aficionado of ecdysiasts.’
- ‘A demeaning booking in a burlesque theater gives Louise the chance to emerge from Momma's shadow and become cafe society's favorite ecdysiast.’
- ‘Who can blame that fabled celebrity connoisseur of ecdysiasts for wearing a mask when he dropped in for a spot of ale at his favorite London strip club?’
- ‘The legendary ecdysiast should take Britain off his itinerary altogether.’
1940s: coined by H. L. Mencken from Greek ekdusis shedding on the pattern of enthusiast.