One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Make (furniture) look like ebony.‘there was a way to actually ebonize a tannin rich wood like walnut’
- 1.1 Make black or dark.‘I apply the ink to ebonize the pieces’
- ‘Overhead, vultures ebonize the sky.’
- ‘Black Catholics—lay women and men, sisters, brothers, priests—were not long in identifying the need and ways to ebonize features of a Catholic Christian way of life.’
- ‘It may be that in the faint candle light the improvised cook of the party ebonizes the flapjacks and puts mourning edges on the bacon.’
- ‘The African sun is sufficient to ebonize the fairest complexion.’
- 1.1 Make black or dark.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.