One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Dark brown or black; ebony.as modifier ‘the dark shadows of the mountains gave the river an ebon hue’
black, jet-black, pitch-black, coal-black, ink-black, black as night, black as pitch, sable, inky, sooty, raven, darkView synonyms
- ‘He was a raven, and he whipped his dirty ebon wings against the breezes as a washer woman would beat a carpet.’
- ‘She was in a dark room, so black that she could feel its ebon weight upon her shoulders.’
- ‘The ruby one blazed and then shuddered into a feminine shape, and the sparkly ebon one swirled into a crouching figure with a long black mane.’
- ‘Dark curls of ebon feathered around his face in need of another trim soon.’
- ‘The other male had dark, ebon skin, and long scarlet hair that waved gently in the fiery breeze.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.