One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Dark brown or black; ebony.as modifier ‘the dark shadows of the mountains gave the river an ebon hue’
black, jet-black, pitch-black, coal-black, ink-black, black as night, black as pitch, sable, inky, sooty, raven, darkView synonyms
- ‘The other male had dark, ebon skin, and long scarlet hair that waved gently in the fiery breeze.’
- ‘Dark curls of ebon feathered around his face in need of another trim soon.’
- ‘He was a raven, and he whipped his dirty ebon wings against the breezes as a washer woman would beat a carpet.’
- ‘She was in a dark room, so black that she could feel its ebon weight upon her shoulders.’
- ‘The ruby one blazed and then shuddered into a feminine shape, and the sparkly ebon one swirled into a crouching figure with a long black mane.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.