One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a range of psychological disorders characterized by abnormal or disturbed eating habits (such as anorexia nervosa).
- ‘People with eating disorders need understanding and not criticising.’
- ‘She is like a growing number of young girls afflicted with such eating disorders as anorexia nervosa and bulimia.’
- ‘Only young females were admitted with affective disorders and eating disorders.’
- ‘This concept has created more fat people as well as more people with eating disorders such as anorexia.’
- ‘Alarming surveys show that boys are catching girls in the amount of people that have eating disorders.’
- ‘She stressed that although he had serious concerns over his weight, he did not suffer from an eating disorder such as anorexia or bulimia.’
- ‘In addition, athletes will find it difficult to admit to menstrual problems and disordered eating or eating disorders.’
- ‘Low self esteem is the common feature of psychological eating disorders.’
- ‘They do not seem to know that depression and anxiety can cause eating disorders.’
- ‘People with eating disorders often do not recognize or admit that they are ill.’
- ‘This madness has got to stop, because it can lead to eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa, which can be fatal.’
- ‘Anorexia and Bulimia are eating disorders that can really mess you up, even kill you!’
- ‘Episodes of binge eating also occur in the eating disorder bulimia nervosa.’
- ‘Bullying may also be a cause of people developing eating disorders, by being called names.’
- ‘It is obviously stupid, though, to suggest that eating disorders are caused by a single factor.’
- ‘As well as anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa society has produced a wide range of unrecognisable eating disorders.’
- ‘There is a need for research on males with eating disorders and possible precursors of these disorders.’
- ‘When people with eating disorders come for their first appointments they have a lot to say.’
- ‘There are still people who do not accept that eating disorders are real problems.’
- ‘Just as alarming is the fact that eating disorders are responsible for the highest number of deaths from psychiatric illness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.