One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Pleasant to look at (or listen to).
good-looking, attractive, nice-looking, handsome, lovely, beautiful, pretty, as pretty as a picture, stunning, striking, arresting, prepossessing, winning, fetching, captivating, bewitching, beguiling, engaging, charming, charismatic, enchanting, appealing, delightful, irresistibleView synonyms
- ‘Neighbours of two new futuristic ‘solar dwellings’ have been warned that the environmentally-friendly properties may not be so easy on the eye.’
- ‘Manicured lawns, weeded borders and pruned shrubs may be easy on the eye, but they're not necessarily great for encouraging wildlife.’
- ‘Both the cut scenes and in-game animation are quite smooth and generally pretty easy on the eye.’
- ‘Clean lines punctuated with specimen plants are ideal not only because they are easy on the eye, but they also have the practical benefit of aiding security.’
- ‘Invested with 16 years of research, the trainers are not only easy on the eye but they're also alleged to help you exercise more efficiently.’
- ‘We wanted people who are easy on the eye, who are really good actors, who are still in their 20s and who were available.’
- ‘The paintings are easy on the eye and very pleasant but we think that the artist is stopping short of something quite extraordinary.’
- ‘The teenage appeal doubtless springs from the fact that all of the boys are pretty easy on the eye, but that's as far as the similarities go.’
- ‘Thankfully, there was a diving team on hand to make sure none of us drowned - and they were all pretty easy on the eye.’
- ‘My two nearest neighbours are rather nice chaps who also happen to be exceptionally easy on the eye.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.