One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A native or inhabitant of the part of London east of the City as far as the Lea River, including the Docklands.‘an East Ender accent’
- ‘The East Ender struck Commonwealth gold in Melbourne in 2006.’
- ‘The union leader described growing up as an East Ender in London, and how being moved to Hainault was like being "immigrated to Australia".’
- ‘East Enders, after all, withstood the bulk of wartime bombing and personify Britain's "Blitz Spirit."’
- ‘Stamp's parents Tom and Ethel were working class East Enders.’
- ‘As a native East Ender she was infinitely more streetwise than me.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.