One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The eastern seaboard of the US, especially the narrow corridor from Boston to Washington, DC.
- ‘All along the U.S. East Coast the weather was beautiful - abundant sunshine and mild temperatures.’
- ‘Nonetheless, the blackouts in London and on the US East Coast a couple of years ago should remind us that it's not just Bermuda that's susceptible to these events.’
- ‘Carnival Cruise Lines introduced the 88,500-grt Carnival Legend, first in Northern Europe, then on the U.S. East Coast.’
- ‘I got everybody on it, from the Midwest to the East Coast to Down South to the West Coast, baby.’
- ‘On the East Coast, book a room in the Carlyle Hotel on Manhattan's swanky Madison Avenue.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.