One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Facing the east.‘place plants in an east-facing window’‘east-facing beaches’
- ‘Inside the house are a sitting room, study, and a kitchen with a high east-facing window to catch the morning sun.’
- ‘The east-facing outdoor space has become a favorite place for Art and his wife to enjoy a sunny breakfast or escape the heat in the late afternoon.’
- ‘The house has an east-facing living room terrace.’
- ‘If possible, choose an east-facing slope so the morning sun will thaw you out as you fix breakfast.’
- ‘The next morning, she was awoken by streams of sunlight, which ran through her east-facing windows.’
- ‘Two 'Success Coral' poinsettia plants flank a single 'Premium Picasso' poinsettia in a bright, east-facing window.’
- ‘Weather conditions were perfect with clear skies and local people crowded east-facing pavements and balconies to watch the eclipse.’
- ‘There are three bedrooms on the ground floor, two of which have French doors, while the property has south-facing and east-facing patio areas.’
- ‘The east-facing railing at my home is topped by a 2-inch-by-6-inch piece of redwood, which has always been painted with a dark brown latex paint.’
- ‘Look for a sunny, east-facing location so the bees will receive early light and warmth to stimulate foraging.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.