One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Providing or offering comfort or peace.‘life was easeful at that time’
- ‘Here, that easeful function has been taken over by unconscious thoughts that, ‘recumbent in the day’, have assumed the guise of ‘a forest of thick-set trees’.’
- ‘The easeful waters lapped at the shores quietly and there was an eerie atmosphere of calm conflicting harshly with the violence which was about show itself.’
- ‘He returns to earth to rejoice in the easeful shade and water alongside the stretch of The Roman Road, dreary in the dogday heat.’
- ‘She submerged them desperately in the easeful waters of the sea where it licked at the mouth of the cave.’
- ‘The melody is tender but not unduly saccharine and is played here with more concern for easeful relaxation than poignancy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.