One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘While being nothing earth-shatteringly different, the formula has worked for them because they do what they do earnestly and well.’
- ‘And when last did any leader do something so earth-shatteringly positive for the people of this country that they would sit up and take notice?’
- ‘This was so earth-shatteringly good that I couldn't get enough of it, and actually made it three times in five days, until I was forced to stop for lack of supplies.’
- ‘‘There's nothing earth-shatteringly new here,’ he explains.’
- ‘Are our politicians so earth-shatteringly dull and similar that it doesn't matter who is elected?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.