One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We measured the total nocturnal flight time of 60 individual male moths representing seven species of eared moths and five species of earless moths.’
- ‘The tea is poured into earless cups and served with both hands.’
- ‘Small, rufous, and earless, the Serendib Scops Owl is quite unlike any other owl in Sri Lanka or anywhere else in the Indian subcontinent.’
- ‘As the ghost spoke, his earless sibling aimed a wand of fire at the stranger and the other one tried to break free of his ‘wrappings’.’
- ‘It comes round or oval, lidless and sometimes earless, most often with vertical sides, though in the round version the sides could slope to a small flat base.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.