One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A very small headphone, worn inside the ear.
- ‘There's a built-in speaker, or you can listen using the bundled earbuds.’
- ‘I was reading some article the other day about how ‘cool’ people are using regular headphones on the iPods, instead of the white earbuds that come with it.’
- ‘For me, the choice was easy, since I prefer my Sony behind-the-neck headphones, for comfort, convenience, and sound - I've never liked earbuds for a variety of reasons.’
- ‘When budgeting for an MP3 player, plan to buy a set of third-party earbuds for the most comfort and the best sound.’
- ‘Corked off from reality by your earbuds and with the potential to carry a record store's worth of music, it's no surprise that you start getting less picky.’
- ‘I'm guessing that many of those people would be more likely to check out a few artists on a listening station if they could simply pull out their own earbuds and plug them in.’
- ‘I'm not a fan of the supplied iPod earbuds, but there are lots of alternatives available.’
- ‘But the most practical option seems to be to screw your earbuds in tighter and turn up the volume on your personal sound track.’
- ‘Ok, maybe I stumbled once or twice, maybe an earbud fell out of my ear, but I burnt - I believe - around 200 calories. 200 calories!’
- ‘The new water-resistant radio is also ‘hands-free’ with earbuds and voice activation.’
- ‘I cringed and looked slightly guilty as I took the earbuds out of my ears.’
- ‘Use the included earbud / speaker wire for phone calls, or add the Palm flip cover with embedded phone components for more compact handling.’
- ‘These pricey earbuds are the consumer version of pro models used by bands to let them hear their music on an arena's stage.’
- ‘Don't take these as just an expensive replacement for the cheap earbuds that come with most portable audio players today.’
- ‘If you want to use the device as a phone you must use an earbud and microphone, and you get about 1 hour of talk-time.’
- ‘Due to the poor quality of typical PDA microphones and the availability of hands-free earbuds and microphones, this is not a real issue.’
- ‘Don't forget to buy a travel adapter and a hands-free earbud while you're at it.’
- ‘I didn't see any good shots of his ear canal, so he could have pretty easily had a small, wireless earbud receiver in there.’
- ‘She doesn't mind if I'm working on the laptop but she doesn't like it when I put in my earbuds because I'm not ‘paying attention.’’
- ‘If you entertain friends who wear earbuds and you want to share their music with others at your party, there is more tech stuff you should consider.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.