Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Light popular music that is pleasant and entertaining but intellectually unchallenging.‘the album is mostly ear candy—upbeat melodies and catchy choruses that you can't get out of your head’
- ‘If you have an appreciation for the well-crafted yet uncommon work of art, this album will be ear candy for you too.’
- ‘It's excellent and well-executed ear candy, nonetheless.’
- ‘The rhythmic elements are mixed adroitly with other ear candy - eerie reversed voices, a single chanted syllable, electronic murmurs and howls.’
- ‘It's the subsequent addition of multi-tracked vocal counterpoint, maracas, and vibes that turns it into a delectable piece of ear candy.’
- ‘They pumped out some of the best ear candy of the entire event.’
- ‘The rhymes often bounce between insightful social observation and authentic old-school wordplay, making for great late-night ear candy.’
- ‘It was purely supposed to be ear candy, where every single song made you feel good.’
- ‘One of the better dance numbers on the album with some tricky mellow vibes and a synth riff that verges on ear candy - the track simply sizzles.’
- ‘However, you must trust me in that this album is a beautifully melodic, alt-country-flavoured piece of ear candy.’
- ‘If Bondy wants to build a career out of continually rearranging his influences to create grungy ear candy, that's certainly his right.’
- ‘These songs are sweeping ear candy with to-die-for melodies and accomplished solos.’
- ‘On the surface the song is a ballad of pure ear candy for girls, but the last line pitches a curve ball by revealing the protagonist's true love interest.’
- ‘Van Dyk's sound represents the best of trance: equal parts groove testosterone and melodious ear candy.’
- ‘The game's audio is a fantastic display of fantasy mixed with mystery, compelling wales and engulfing RPG style ear candy.’
- ‘It's ear candy, but ear candy of the highest quality (although not as infectious as 1998's Hello Rockview).’
- ‘After three pieces of varyingly challenging ear candy, Ravel was refreshing in how he makes no concessions to the conventions of the listener.’
- ‘Many of the CD's songs begin very innocuously, fooling us into thinking Hole produces nice ear candy.’
- ‘Nary a moment goes by without some sort of ear candy peppering the film's audio.’
- ‘Sounds aren't just ear candy though, as they play an important role in the game as well.’
- ‘This mini-CD isn't essential, but is yet another example of how easily noise is transformed into ear candy.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.