One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Enthusiasm to do or to have something; keenness.‘the player showed eagerness to play’
keenness, enthusiasm, avidity, fervour, ardour, zest, zeal, passion, wholeheartedness, earnestness, commitment, dedicationView synonyms
- ‘From the start, the enthusiasm and eagerness of the coaches had been nothing less than mind-blowing.’
- ‘The couple's career path so far demonstrates their ambition and eagerness to grow their business.’
- ‘Though he missed her dearly, he accepted his new role and took to it with eagerness and dedication.’
- ‘Everyone waited with eagerness for the committee's findings and recommendations.’
- ‘The Service Marketeer, who is all eagerness and enthusiasm, is a delight for the customer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.