One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for electronic cigarette
- ‘In fact, the e-cigs are so realistic-looking, that, when I vaped one in public, a passerby or two admonished me on how bad smoking was for my health!’
- ‘Furthermore, as there are no butts, e-cigarettes also produce much less litter than regular ones.’
- ‘She told the Boston Globe that her concern with e-cigarettes is that they mimic smoking.’
- ‘Although it is not marketed as a stop-smoking aid, the vaping community is predominantly made up of people who were, until they started using the e-cigarette, smokers.’
- ‘The company sent samples of both its regular, light, and menthol e-cigs.’
- ‘I am interested in trying their battery-powered e-cigs.’
- ‘For the past six years, a merry band of 'vapers' has been gradually growing, coalescing and spreading the word about their nicotine product of choice: the e-cigarette.’
- ‘Instead of tobacco, the e-cigarette contains a mix of water, nicotine, artificial smoke flavor and propylene glycol, the chemical used in fog-making machines.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.