One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The official language of Bhutan, closely related to Tibetan.
- ‘The dialogue is delivered entirely in Dzongkha, Bhutan's official national language.’
- ‘For example Sonam Kinga, who speaks eight languages, translated Antigone from English into Dzongkha, the national language.’
- ‘The official language of Bhutan is Dzongkha, a dialect of Tibetan.’
- ‘The language Dzongkha, literally ‘language of the fortress’, is a South Bodish language related to Dränjoke [a language of Sikkim] and, more distantly, to Tibetan.’
- ‘The Drukpas are ethnically Tibetan and speak various dialects of Tibetan, including Dzongkha, Bhutan's official language.’
- ‘This is the first feature film to be filmed in the Kingdom of Bhutan in the national language Dzongkha with English subtitles.’
- ‘Most of the schools conduct classes in English, although more textbooks are being written in Dzongkha.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.