Painful or difficult urination.
- ‘The presenting features of carcinosarcomas are also similar to those of conventional bladder tumors: hematuria, dysuria, pollakisuria, and urinary tract infection.’
- ‘Later presentations may have symptoms of dysuria, hematuria, and straining to void that gradually become more prominent with a diminished urinary stream.’
- ‘She had no nausea, and no dysuria or increased urinary frequency.’
- ‘Cultures are not essential in selected young women when clear-cut signs and symptoms of acute dysuria indicate a high probability of uncomplicated cystitis.’
- ‘In men, dysuria and its associated symptoms become more prevalent with increasing age.’
Late Middle English: via late Latin from Greek dusouria, from dus- ‘difficult’ + ouron ‘urine’.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.