Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A state of abnormal muscle tone resulting in muscular spasm and abnormal posture, typically due to neurological disease or a side effect of drug therapy.
- ‘Those who tend to hyperextend the neck due to chorea or dystonia should be encouraged and reminded to use a ‘chin-tuck’ position.’
- ‘Within months the neurological disorder focal dystonia took full hold, leaving his hand permanently clenched and unusable.’
- ‘A diagnosis of focal dystonia was made, and injections of botulinum toxin were offered.’
- ‘Writer's cramp is the commonest form of focal hand dystonia and is thought to be due to basal ganglia dysfunction.’
- ‘Muscle spasms also will be common in conjunction with moderate to severe muscle weakness, tremor, and/or dystonia.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.