One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Abnormality or impairment in the regulation of a metabolic, physiological, or psychological process.‘family dysfunction may contribute to emotional dysregulation’‘the phenomenon of narcolepsy can be understood in terms of a dysregulation of rapid eye movement sleep’
- ‘They highlight that glucose dysregulation poses significant challenges - and opportunities - for the comprehensive care of people with schizophrenia.’
- ‘Postpartum dysregulation of the thyroid gland has been considered as another possible cause of depression.’
- ‘In addition, further studies are needed on the dysregulation noted in the infants.’
- ‘Addiction can be viewed as a dysregulation of brain reward systems resulting in compulsive use and loss of control over drug taking.’
- ‘Experts now recognize that depression is a multifaceted disorder with dysregulation in a number of different systems.’
- ‘Given Anne's level of distress, a key issue in treatment for this couple was dealing with emotional dysregulation.’
- ‘It offers a child a safe haven from which to explore feelings, behaviors and issues ranging from self-esteem to severe emotional dysregulation.’
- ‘Serotonin dysregulation has been implicated in the pathogenesis of anxiety disorders in general and panic disorder in particular.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.