One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘On examination, the patient was mildly dyspneic, with massive ascites, left pleural effusion, left axillary lymphadenopathy and no hepatosplenomegaly.’
- ‘This scanner also will allow us to obtain diagnostic scans in patients who are too dyspneic to hold their breath.’
- ‘The technique of spiral CT scanning is particularly useful for evaluating dyspneic patients because of its shorter imaging time and higher-resolution images.’
- ‘A quiet chest in a dyspneic or obtunded patient with asthma is a serious event.’
- ‘Although treatment with bronchodilators was started, his symptoms worsened progressively over the next two weeks, and he became acutely dyspnoeic at rest.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.