One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & nounPsychiatry
- ‘‘The implication for treatment is that if you ask dysphoric people to recall nice events from their lives it may not make them feel any better,’ Joormann notes.’
- ‘Although the average depression lasts around six months, those with severe major depression or constant dysphoric depression may have symptoms that last for years.’
- ‘The data support the idea that depressed or dysphoric individuals exhibit differential response latencies to negative content than do individuals who are not depressed.’
- ‘They learn ways of working with low mood or dysphoric feelings that are different from the more automatic ways often ingrained in depressed people.’
- ‘In addition to a general level of irritability, children with mania also present with extremely impairing dysphoric, explosive episodes that generally occur daily with little or no precipitant.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.