One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Painful menstruation, typically involving abdominal cramps.
- ‘For secondary dysmenorrhea, managing your cramps involves treating the underlying cause.’
- ‘Primary dysmenorrhea, which is defined as painful menses in women with normal pelvic anatomy, usually begins during adolescence.’
- ‘Endometriosis should be suspected when there is dyspareunia, severe dysmenorrhoea, or unexplained abdominal pain, although the symptoms experienced are a poor indicator of the severity of disease.’
- ‘Women who have a history of early-onset premenstrual mood disturbances and dysmenorrhea are more likely to experience an improvement in their premenstrual mood.’
- ‘Her new book contains a lucid description of gynaecological problems, such as dysmenorrhoea and endometriosis, that will be well appreciated by patients and their partners.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.