Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Painful menstruation, typically involving abdominal cramps.
- ‘Endometriosis should be suspected when there is dyspareunia, severe dysmenorrhoea, or unexplained abdominal pain, although the symptoms experienced are a poor indicator of the severity of disease.’
- ‘Women who have a history of early-onset premenstrual mood disturbances and dysmenorrhea are more likely to experience an improvement in their premenstrual mood.’
- ‘For secondary dysmenorrhea, managing your cramps involves treating the underlying cause.’
- ‘Her new book contains a lucid description of gynaecological problems, such as dysmenorrhoea and endometriosis, that will be well appreciated by patients and their partners.’
- ‘Primary dysmenorrhea, which is defined as painful menses in women with normal pelvic anatomy, usually begins during adolescence.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.