Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Abnormality or impairment of voluntary movement.
- ‘The mainstay of treatment for primary ciliary dyskinesia involves chest physical therapy to enhance the clearance of bronchial secretions.’
- ‘Whether the incidence of respiratory dyskinesia is less with the use of ropinirole remains to be determined.’
- ‘They studied a strain of mice with a gene mutation that causes them to have attacks of dyskinesia, or abnormal movements several times a day.’
- ‘Despite an intense medical regimen for asthma she continued to have poorly controlled symptoms and concerns for vocal cord dyskinesia prompted a laryngoscopy.’
- ‘As many as 50 percent of youth on neuroleptics may experience some form of tardive or withdrawal dyskinesia.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.