One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inability to write coherently, as a symptom of brain disease or damage.
- ‘Language disturbance may be evident, as in dysnomia or dysgraphia and perceptual disturbances are common.’
- ‘Irlen Syndrome can be found in combination with dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia, dysphasia, or hyperactivity.’
- ‘Attention deficit disorder, dyspraxia, dysgraphia… Lots of girls have these, but too many girls don't know it.’
- ‘He was born with dysgraphia, a condition that affects his hands.’
- ‘‘In seventh grade, I got a teacher who has an LD called dysgraphia, which messes with handwriting and also how you organize your thoughts,’ says Ann.’
1930s: from dys- ‘difficult’ + Greek -graphia ‘writing’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.