One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Exerting a detrimental effect on later generations through the inheritance of undesirable characteristics.‘dysgenic breeding’
- ‘This dysgenic crisis would surely bring communism and the regression of mankind.’
- ‘War was considered dysgenic - it killed off society's best.’
- ‘In the generations following a dysgenic cross, the IF invades the genome until it reaches 10-15 copies per haploid genome and is progressively repressed through an autoregulation process.’
- ‘Another fact that supports the DHPR role in the slow calcium signal is the complete absence of response in electrically stimulated myotubes derived from the dysgenic cell line.’
- ‘These dysgenic females were highly sterile due to a high level of I retrotransposition.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.