One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘By competing dynastically and territorially with his European counterparts, especially Francis I, Henry VIII acknowledged settled convention and, even more obviously, popular demand.’
- ‘The pressure was strong for her to make a dynastically advantageous marriage, and this seems to have led to tensions between mother and daughter.’
- ‘The dynastically related western principality of Halych (Galicia) and Volyn resisted the Mongols and Tatars and became a Rus bastion through the fourteenth century.’
- ‘It was not inevitable that they would never be recovered, and as an Angevin Henry was dynastically impelled to seek to regain his inheritance and restore the honour of his lineage.’
- ‘She dynastically inherited her job as CEO of the auto parts business her father built from scratch.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.