Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The practice of pricing items at a level determined by a particular customer's perceived ability to pay.
- ‘Later on more dynamic pricing comes into place to maximize revenue on existing production capacity.’
- ‘Demand will be better controlled by dynamic pricing, and the utility may just be able to forego building that $2 billion power plant they've been planning.’
- ‘If you combine an environment of dynamic pricing with global price transparency, that's going to force an awful lot of change in cost structures and distribution systems.’
- ‘They do customer segment dynamic pricing to increase customer loyalty.’
- ‘PC vendors are planning to introduce dynamic pricing to shift inventory online.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.