Time spent in the same position, area, stage of a process, etc.‘dwell time at US airports has reached a new high—almost 70 minutes’
- ‘Critical in postassembly dispense processes, flow or dwell time is the time required to allow dispensed adhesive to fully flow into the well and core.’
- ‘A nonparametric kernel density estimate is constructed by representing each sojourn by a kernel function positioned at the actual value of the sampled dwell time.’
- ‘About fifteen minutes before impact, Rosetta will start observing the comet with shorter dwell time, as fast changes are expected due to the impact.’
- ‘The dwell time of the powder ignition doesn't have a chance to appreciably raise the temperature of the lead.’
- ‘These ‘multi-tau’ correlators calculate the correlation function using many different dwell times in comparison with the single dwell time used in earlier linear correlators.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.