Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Time spent in the same position, area, or stage of a process.‘dwell time at US airports has reached a new high—almost 70 minutes’
- ‘The dwell time of the powder ignition doesn't have a chance to appreciably raise the temperature of the lead.’
- ‘About fifteen minutes before impact, Rosetta will start observing the comet with shorter dwell time, as fast changes are expected due to the impact.’
- ‘Critical in postassembly dispense processes, flow or dwell time is the time required to allow dispensed adhesive to fully flow into the well and core.’
- ‘A nonparametric kernel density estimate is constructed by representing each sojourn by a kernel function positioned at the actual value of the sampled dwell time.’
- ‘These ‘multi-tau’ correlators calculate the correlation function using many different dwell times in comparison with the single dwell time used in earlier linear correlators.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.