One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- short for digital video recorder
- ‘Do you still watch live TV, or do you store up all your favorite shows on a DVR and catch up with video on demand?’
- ‘It streams the shows recorded on my DVR, as well as On Demand movies right to my tablet.’
- ‘As of this month, 45% of homes have DVRs, up from about 43% a year ago.’
- ‘New Nielsen data shows bigger jumps than ever for many sitcoms and dramas when delayed viewing on DVRs is factored in.’
- ‘The DVR will store that content for up to eight days after the shows have aired.’
- ‘The DVR is compatible with both Mac and PC platforms as well as Android and iOS tablets and portable devices.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.