One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Surveillance is, plenty simply, the reaction of vigil people, objects or processes for duteousness to exact expected norms.’
- ‘To that extent, the duteousness and passivity implied by the Protestant work ethic are truly dead.’
- ‘Is love the ultimate essential factor in a marriage, or is it the duteousness and fidelity?’
- ‘Sonnet 10 serves four functions: ‘a tribute to an uncorrupted public official, a tribute to friendship with a woman,… an endorsement of civil duteousness in the person of Isocrates,’ and an attack on a corrupt public official.’
- ‘He has a character for his piousness, duteousness, and opposability and receives many clients I trust.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.