One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sheet with a deep pleated or gathered border that is designed to hang down over the mattress and sides of a bed.
- ‘She lifted the dust ruffle on the sofa and we looked under there’
- ‘In late breaking news, he talks about buying a dust ruffle.’
- ‘I flipped over and pulled up the dust ruffle, checking underneath the bed once more.’
- ‘It was the only explanation for not only being able to loft my bed, but design a floor length dust ruffle as well.’
- ‘The absence of a dust ruffle and other frills keeps the room from being froufrou.’
- ‘Matching print sheets, pillow shams and bed skirt, dust ruffle, window dressing, bed canopy for camelback or regular canopies and a whole collection of other accessories give you lots to mix and match to best fit your space.’
- ‘In the meantime they must be properly fed, so when we get home from church she rushes to her bed and lifts the dust ruffle to pull out the box.’
- ‘Towels have pockets for dorm keys, and dust ruffles double as cargo-type storage space.’
- ‘Perhaps it's her Halloween costume from the legendary time she went as a dust ruffle.’
- ‘Have you ever thought of using old lace curtains as a dust ruffle for your bed?’
- ‘She gets to her hands and knees and pokes around beneath the dust ruffle, sucking on her upper lip in thought.’
- ‘Her heart pounding, she collapses by the bed, shoving the dust ruffle away from her and searching in the darkness below.’
- ‘Of course, she found the money to buy herself a new one, with dust ruffle to match.’
- ‘She added pattern in small doses - a striped dust ruffle, damask throw, toile pillows - again using red to punch up the neutral scheme.’
- ‘We found some material for the dust ruffle with animals on it.’
- ‘The matching cover to the bed hung to just above the floor, the small gap revealing a heavy dust ruffle.’
- ‘From where she was sitting, she saw a piece of paper lying on the floor, just peeking out from the dust ruffle on the bed.’
- ‘The raw silk dust ruffle was the same color blue as the walls and allowed the ivory inlaid legs of the bed to peak through.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.