One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting or relating to continuing action.Contrasted with punctual
- ‘This paper presents a representation system for maintaining interacting durative states to replicate realistic emotional control.’
- ‘Figure 6 depicts a basic durative action, load-truck, in which there is no numeric change.’
- ‘Despite the fact that it is not used compulsorily (as in English), Dutch has two durative constructions.’
- ‘Time adverbials introduced by until impose restrictions on the aspectual class of the main clause they combine with: they only combine with durative sentences.’
- ‘There are three features that can be distinguished for this purpose: dynamic, telic, durative.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.