One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The ability to withstand wear, pressure, or damage.‘the reliability and durability of plastics’
imperishability, permanence, longevity, ability to last, lastingness, resilience, strength, sturdiness, toughness, robustness, soundnessView synonyms
- ‘This is because the same type of stone varies in durability depending on its place of origin.’
- ‘It's not cheap, but the material is known for its quality and durability.’
- ‘The durability of wicker varies depending on the materials used to make the wicker.’
- ‘On one level, this scarcely believable feat suggests continuity and durability.’
- ‘As for wear and tear, the durability will depend on the level of traffic in the room concerned.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.